What's the difference?
Community Groups and Cultivate Groups go hand-in-hand. The goal of both groups is for us to grow in our walks with Jesus and to deepen our relationships with one another. Yet each group focuses on different aspects of our discipleship.
As people called to pick up our cross and follow Jesus, we can't do that apart from the community of believers.
These groups are the second step for discipleship at Rockwall Pres. The focus is on developing a deeper commitment to one another and living life together as a people devoted to God's mission.
- 10–30 people per group
- Includes spouses
- Includes children (once a month)
JOINING A GROUP
- Can join an existing Community Group
- Food and fellowship
- Prayer for church and neighbor
- Invest in deep conversation together
- Serving the church and local community
- Build relationships to start a Cultivate Group
- Meets twice per month
- Children are included one meeting per month
These groups are the third step for discipleship at Rockwall Pres. They help you develop your own personal discipleship within a small community devoted to honesty, transparency, and mission.
- 3–4 people per group (same-sex)
- Does not include spouses
- Does not include children
JOINING A GROUP
- Pursue others to start your Cultivate Group
- Regular Bible reading plan
- Prayer for one another and unbelievers
- Applying the Scriptures to our lives
- Focus on participating in missions
- Confession, transparency, and accountability
- Meets at least twice per month
- Flexibility when and where you meet